Individualization/ Positivity/Learner/ Discipline/ Arranger
Coordinator of Integrated Services
Sweetwater High School
The student barcode is being used as the student ID while we are delivering instruction through distance learning. Picking up a mobile device, meal benefits, library books, etc. will require this barcode, which was emailed to each student and parent one time but can also be accessed via student and parent portals.
Please CLICK HERE for full instructions on how to access your student barcode.
For the past 20 years, San Diego State University (SDSU) and Sweetwater Union High School District (SUHSD) maintained a long time commitment to a historic partnership that allows access and success for our students to be admitted to SDSU through the Compact for Success program.
SDSU has provided an update for the Class of 2021 to measure the readiness benchmarks that will allow the university to appropriately project admission and enrollment. SDSU’s goal is to provide the historical levels of access and support so that students may reach their personal and academic career goals. This update contains new information that will impact eligibility for Compact for Success readiness for the Class of 2021.
For more details, please CLICK HERE.
Student class schedules are available through the Infinite Campus portal.
The link provided below is for students to request a class change if needed. The link will be active from Monday Aug. 3rd (8am) to Wednesday Aug. 5th (3pm). IMPORTANT: We will not grant requests for teacher changes or period changes.
Incoming students, get connected with LINK CREW!
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year! As you are probably aware, we will begin the school year on Distance Learning. The Daily Schedule is shown below. School begins on Monday, August 3rd at 9:00 a.m. This Friday, July 31st students will be able to log onto the Infinite Campus portal to check their schedules. Instructions will be sent home and posted on our website on how to access their account. All students will be receiving an email from their teachers with information on how to join their Google Classroom and on how to log into a Video Conference through Google Meets. Office hours TBD by teachers and communicated to the Principal and students. Fridays will be devoted to helping our struggling students. Teachers will assist students who have demonstrated a need for additional support and interventions. Teacher PLC time will be scheduled on Friday from 1:30pm to 3:00pm.
- Counselors are working on scheduling and balancing of classes. Please go to our SUHI Counseling website, twitter (@SUHIcounseling), or instagram to stay updated.
- Textbook distribution begins August 10. Be on the lookout for an email from Assistant Principal Nathan Horner with more information. Students will be assigned a date and time to pick up their textbooks. NOTE: you will need to know your ID# in order to check out books.
- 9th Grade Student Device Distribution: Laptop distribution/pick up will take place on Friday, July 31st at Chula Vista Middle School. The distribution of laptops will take place between 8 am – 2 pm. This will be done in alphabetical order. Click HERE for details. There is a distribution schedule on the second page.
- 10th – 12th Grade Student Device Distribution: 10th, 11th, and 12th students who are newly enrolled, or who do not have a laptop should have received an email invitation with a specific time, date, and location for device pick up. If you are a 10th – 12th-grade student who does not have a laptop and has yet to receive an invitation to pick up a laptop, please contact our Information Technology Department at 619-585-7995 (option #5) or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. When sending an email, please provide the student’s first and last name, student ID number, school site information. Information Technology hours are from 7:30 am – 4:00 pm. For more information and resources, please visit www.sweetwaterschools.org/students-parents/.
- Student Laptop Repair or Support: If you have a laptop that needs repair, click HERE to review the details on drop off and repair. It includes an online form that will need to be filled out prior to dropping off your laptop.
- There will be a new student orientation video posted on our school website on July 31. Please visit this site for a virtual tour and welcome from our Link Crew leaders.
- Every student has an assigned counselor and assistant principal. Click HERE to find your counselor and AP’s email address in case you have any questions. Click HERE to review student roles during Distance Learning.
- Athletics facilities remain closed until further notice. Click HERE for a memo with the most recent communications from CIF.
- If you had PE last school year, your PE teachers will be sharing information about retrieving items when you meet with them in class.
- If you have not yet completed registration, please do so immediately. Click HERE for more information on how to complete online registration.
- We are asking all families to take a few minutes to fill out a Free and Reduced Meal Application through the Infinite Campus parent portal HERE. You can get more information regarding Free and Reduced Lunch program by visiting our Nutrition Services website. We also have meal application tutorial HERE for your support.
- The community service for the senior class of 2021 has been waived. Seniors will not be required to complete community service in order to graduate
Please visit the district onboarding site for help using all of the technology tools for distance learning!