Come learn about the opportunity to explore the world of open-source development!
Come to Room 214 after school on Tuesday, October 23rd (2:45-3:45pm).
Participants complete “tasks” of their choice for a variety of open source software projects.
Students can earn t-shirts, digital certificates, and hooded sweatshirts for their work.
Grand prize winners receive a four day trip to Google in Mountain View, CA, USA the following summer!
Over the past eight years:
- 8,000+ student participants
- 107 unique countries
- 40,000+ open source tasks
Open source development is much more than just computer programming! There are lots of different kinds of tasks to choose from including:
- Coding: Writing or refactoring code.
- Documentation/Training: Creating and editing documentation and helping others learn.
- Outreach/Research: Community management and outreach/marketing, or studying problems and recommending solutions.
- Quality Assurance: Testing to ensure code is of high quality.
- Design: Designing visual aspects of pages and user accessibility.
Visit https://codein.withgoogle.com/ for more information!