Canvas: A Learning Management System for Students and Parents
Parents, the district is adopting the Canvas Program as a Learning Management System for students and parents. Some teachers are adopting The Canvas program is being used by Sweetwater High School for:
- Lesson plans, instructions, guided practice, assignments, homework, projects, parent communication, student monitoring and grades (assessments).
- Teachers can also use Canvas for forum discussions, incorporate and integrate Web and multimedia resources.
- Learning Management Systems such as Canvas are being used at universities across the country for both regular and online courses.
- By using Canvas, Sweetwater High School and the district are preparing students for college.
- The URL for Canvas for the Sweetwater Union High School District is: https://sweetwaterschools.instructure.com/login.
Parents, Canvas allows you to have observer accounts. The district created an observer account for you using the email address you provided the district at the time you registered your child for school.
- Open Canvas: https://sweetwaterschools.instructure.com/login.
- Username: enter the email address you provided the district.
- Password: enter parents2014 as the password OR…
- Click on “Don’t know your password?”
- Under the username create a unique password for your observer account.
You should be able to observe your child’s courses if the teacher is using Canvas. You can then:
- check your child’s assignments, messages, and progress at least 3 times a week.
- set preferences for how you want to receive communications. For example: text, email or both.
If you have any questions, please contact Sweetwater High School: 619.474.9700.