Saturday, May 18th, 2019
About the conference:
Thank you for your interest in our 2nd annual student conference! This conference came about because teachers and students in Sweetwater recognized the need to give students a place to teach each other about important ideas they were learning in school. We seek to answer questions like:
- What issues affect us, our community, and our world?
- To what extent are these issues both local and global issues?
- How can we contribute to a better community for ourselves and for others?
- How does what we learn in school help us live and develop in a more sustainable way?
- How can we take action to address issues of sustainability locally and globally?
This conference is also an opportunity to bring in experts who are already taking action to make the South Bay of San Diego a more sustainable place to live. As the conference nears, check back for a list of organizations who will be participating!
Are working on your 9th grade human geography action-research project? – or-
Have you done meaningful research in one of your courses at school?
This conference provides a space for you to present your work to others and also learn about things relevant to your future!