The mission of Sweetwater High School, the distinguished, educational cornerstone of National City committed to academic, social and ethical growth for its diverse students, is to ensure graduates possess skills necessary for success in post-secondary education and career aspirations and become contributing members of their community through a system of learning characterized by:
- A rigorous and relevant curriculum for all students
- A culture of learning, emphasizing high expectations for all students, staff and parents.
- A caring professional staff leading students to maintain healthy relationships and make positive life choices.
- A community focused on accountability, assessment and achievement for all stakeholders.
- Resources and opportunities to maximize student achievement and potential.
Sweetwater High School is a community that prepares students for an innovative and culturally diverse society by developing a high level of intellectual, social, and personal growth within each student.